CMS Filter + optionals should be working according to support tool

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping to get some help with a persistent issue I’m facing with Finsweet CMS Filter.

Background:

I’ve used CMS Filter successfully on previous projects after familiarizing myself with the attributes. This time, however, I’m encountering problems despite seemingly implementing everything correctly.

The Problem:
Screenshot 2024-08-19 044950

On my current client project, I’ve set up CMS Filter with active, clear, and search functionality. The Finsweet Attributes Support Tool indicates everything is configured correctly. Additionally, I’ve reviewed the Finsweet CMS Filter walkthrough video and resources from Webflow experts like Webflow Bae. Unfortunately, when I publish the site (link: Publications), none of the filters or search functions work as expected.
Screenshot 2024-08-19 045058
Screenshot 2024-08-19 045112
Screenshot 2024-08-19 045129
Screenshot 2024-08-19 045149

Troubleshooting Attempts:

• Initially, I suspected an issue with referencing CMS fields as values while setting custom attributes. However, revisiting my previous projects confirmed this approach works there.
  • I also tested publishing from different browsers (Arc and Chrome) to eliminate browser-specific issues, but the problem persists.

I’d greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions the community might have to help me troubleshoot and resolve this issue. I’ve scoured the forums but I don’t see anyone having issues with attributes not ‘firing’ off.

Thank you!

hey @joshuayu40! Inspecting the console reveals these two errors.

Could you please share a read-only link? I’d like to inspect the setup

Thanks for the quick response. here’s the link Webflow - ECN

im not sure how to interpret those errors, if you could tell me what I did wrong that would help me understand for future reference.

Hey @joshuayu40! Seems that hiding the checkbox input is messing with the script.

I have removed them on an override and the error disappeared and the input filter is working as expected. Can you test by not hiding any element?

You are also missing the definition of your load mode, so at the moment only the items rendered on the first page will be filtered, while none on the next page will be taken into account. Just add fs-cmsload-mode = load-under || infinite || pagination || render-all as needed :wink:

1 Like