CMS range filters filtering ranges - settings and attributes HELP

Hello,

We are developing a subpage for a commercial real estate company, and would like to integrate a range filter in the following way: the users set the filter to the surface area that they are looking for (let’s say they need an office from 100 to 200 m2), and the filter shows them the offices that do offer spaces of this size.

The database contains the minimum and maximum spaces that any given real estate is offering.

We need to set up the filter in a way that every real estate filtered and shown will take into account the input data, so, with the above setting by the user, it should show:

• an office building offering minimum space of 50 and maximum 150
  • an office building offering minimum space of 150 and maximum 180
  • an office building offering minimum space of 150 and maximum 250
  • an office building offering minimum space of 50 and maximum 250

But should not show, obviously:

• an office building with minimum space of 50 and maximum of 80
  • an office building with minimum space of 300 and maximum of 500

Logically, the filter should be set up in a way to EXCLUDE all the data where:

• the minimum AND the maximum spaces are below the smallest amount set up in the filter
  • the minimum AND the maximum spaces are above the biggest amount set up in the filter

but should show all the other data.

If necessary, I can provide a read-only link to the page where you can see the already implemented developments.
Can you help us setting up the range filters this way?

Thanks in advance,

Kristóf

Hey @kristof.ban! We currently do not have a solution for this, I am checking with the team to see if there is anything we can do to accommodate this use case :slight_smile:

Hi @Support-Luis !

Thank you for the response! This is very important for us because the client insists on it. We would greatly appreciate it if you could suggest some kind of solution.
We are open to any arrangement.
Thanks

Hey @kristof.ban! Can you please share your links?

Hi @Support-Luis!

Yes, I will share the link with you:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/eston-web?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=eston-web&preview=73c66770edbe9b169d07bb4d6494b0dc&workflow=preview

Thanks

Hello @kristof.ban! Is it the filtering setup on the /test page?

Can you DM me the password for the live site?

Hello @Support-Luis !

I sent you a DM.

Thanks

Hello @Support-Luis !

Just wondering if you managed to access the site? Is there any news?
Thanks

Hello @kristof.ban! I have accessed the site but I have not been able to get the functionality working reliably so far.

I am trying to do it with native CMS Filter options before moving to custom code. I’ll get back at your when I figure something out :crossed_fingers:

Hello @Support-Luis! Okay, thanks for your work!

Hello @Support-Luis !

I would like to inquire again if there are any updates regarding my question? Unfortunately, it is becoming increasingly urgent, and I need to provide some feedback on when it can be expected. If it is even feasible in any way.
Thank you very much!

Hey @kristof.ban! Could you take a look at this video example?

Hey @Support-Luis

Thank you for the work you’ve done and for the video you provided. Unfortunately, this is not the solution we were looking for. I apologize if my initial description was unclear.

To clarify, I have visualized the desired solution. As illustrated in the green area of the visualization, this represents the expected search result. Here, X and Y are the input values provided by the user. The result should include any property with values between X and Y, even if other values do not meet the search criteria.

Additionally, we have office buildings in the database not office spaces. A user searches for office spaces so we should show any office building that contains the search result, even if the office building has smaller or larger spaces as well than those specified in the search. Currently, these office buildings are not included in the search results.

I hope this explanation helps to understand what we are trying to achieve. Please let me know if you need any further information.

Hey @kristof.ban! Thank you for the graphic. I am not sure we can achieve this with the current version of CMS Filter. V2 will provide more options for more advanced filters as well as operators where we can fine-tune the ranges even more.

Hey @Support-Luis !
Alright, got it! I sent you a DM, if you could take a look at it, I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Thank you @kristof.ban! I’m taking a look now :wink:

1 Like