Filter, Load & External Nest (Jquery Load)

Hey there,

We got a project that has CMS Filter and Load but we’re trying to use Jquery Load to act as the nest for values from different collections.

It was done this way due to the CMS, since the main product is reference another collection that links with another collection that has the value we wanna pull from.

Here is the read-only link as well as the Slater code for what we have currently.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/givinggifts?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=givinggifts&preview=3a538c61df858cc43596edf556bf20e5&pageId=661d866c9601c272536e0070&locale=en&workflow=preview

https://slater.app/projects/choquer-clients/pages/giving-gifts-build-a-crate

Hope to get this resolved as it will help with further ones as well.

Cheers

Hey there @info2! I am afraid I do not fully understand the support request, could you give me more details?

If possible a screen recording of what is supposed to happen and what is broken would be perfect!

Let see if this is provides more clarity before I do a screen recording.

Essentially we’re using Jquery load as a alternative to CMS Nest, we like how with CMS Nest. All nested CMS items are automatically gathered and loaded in with additional restrictions like added a “prevent-load” to the CMS Filter script.

We want to do the same but with Jquery Load but having zero luck, if you can take a look at the code and see if it is possible? @Support-Luis

@info2 have there been any changes to the setup since your answer?

Yesterday I saw the nested elements being correctly added to the collection list, now I see the source list has been removed from the item page and we no longer nest successfully.

May I ask why rebuild CMS Nest? Are you facing any limitations?

We’re nesting values from the related multi-reference’s related CMS and not the immediate one so instead of setting up CMS Nest. It was also easier to go about an alternative. @Support-Luis

@info2 and which part of the code are you guys having issues with? I saw it nesting as expecting last time I checked the page, unless I was looking at another list.

I also think this could be possible with CMS Nest alone as we can have multi-level nesting like we do here →