Hide 'Clear All' filter if no filters are selected

I’m trying to figure out how to hide my ‘Clear All’ link when no filters are selected.

Here is the element on the frontend. ‘.is-active’ doesn’t seem to add/remove itself in this case but I have is-active hard-set as a combo class in Webflow (if that matters).

<a fs-mirrorclick-element="target" fs-cmsfilter-element="clear" fs-cmsfilter-active="is-active" href="#" class="filter-ui_clear-button is-active">Clear all</a>

I’ve tried searching for a solution but couldn’t find anything, please let me know if I’m missing something obvious!

CleanShot 2023-07-26 at 15.04.22

CleanShot 2023-07-26 at 15.04.35

Hey @timd! I am not sure if the “Clear All” link will receive the .is-active class as it is not a fs-cmsfilter-field element. We can go with some custom code if you share a published link

Hi @Support-Luis I can share a public link (& password) via DM, is that possible? Happy for the solution to be shown here once the site is launched, however, I can’t share publicly at this point.

@Support-Luis I am piggybacking off this thread, as I am also looking for a simular solution. Is it possible to hide/show an element based on if any of the filter fields are selected?

I used the fs-cmsfilter-element=“reset” on a text-link, however, I would prefer it to be hidden unless a filter field is selected.
Thank you.

Hey @edrock! We used some custom code to manage this. The CMS Filter API provides a filtersActive boolean but it seems it does not update immediately so a slight delay is needed. You are welcome to expand this code yourself and please do share if you find a better solution!

<script>
  window.fsAttributes = window.fsAttributes || [];
  window.fsAttributes.push([
    'cmsfilter',
    (filterInstances) => {
      console.log('cmsfilter Successfully loaded!');

const [filterInstance] = filterInstances;
      const clearLink = document.querySelector('[fs-cmsfilter-element="clear"]');

const updateClearLinkDisplay = () => {
        filterInstance.filtersActive
          ? (clearLink.style.display = 'block')
          : (clearLink.style.display = 'none');
      };

updateClearLinkDisplay();

filterInstance.listInstance.on('renderitems', (renderedItems) => {
        setTimeout(() => {
          updateClearLinkDisplay();
        }, 125);
      });
    },
  ]);
</script>
1 Like

That worked perfectly. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks @Support-Luis I’ve to to mark your last post as solution but can’t find the button anymore! Worked perfectly.

1 Like

Nevermind, found it!

1 Like