How to make an anchor link works in a limited height container?

Suppose the outer container has a height of 50vh and overflow:auto, with a fixed anchor link at the top-left. I wish to ensure that the anchor links navigate to their respective sections without scrolling the entire page.

Is there a way to achieve this regional scrolling to div in Webflow?

Read-only link

After researching, I have found that Webflow utilizes its own Webflow.js file to control the scrolling behavior of anchor links. Unfortunately, we are unable to modify this behavior if we publish within Webflow rather than exporting the code.

Typically, anchor scrolling will always scroll the entire page regardless of how the page is structured. If you require customized behavior, using custom JavaScript is the only option. For those who are not familiar with JavaScript, there are AI tools available such as Chat GPT, Claude, and Bing AI that can assist.

1 Like

Hey,
i have the same problem.
I build a website in kiosk mode → fixed size in full HD resolution.
One large content view displaying one hero image.
On the right side, there´s a fixed height with a CMS list. I use swiper.js to control this list.
Now i want to filter the cms list with a toogle button to show images or video content.
Because the list height is fixed, the “scroll-anchor” attribute doesn´t help here.

The last reply here is a bit “old”. Therefore the question if something changed here? Any help, please :slight_smile: Thanks, Joe

Hey @Joe! I’m afraid this is a Webflow limitation. As @shenye shared above the best approach is to custom-code your solution.

The @Support-Luis. Thanks for your reply. That was fast :slight_smile: Ok, will try to find something custom here. Thanks :pray:

1 Like