CMS Filter for Double Nested Lists Not Working

Hi all! Always been a huge fan of F’insweet, thanks so much for all that you’ve provided us. I’ve gotten myself into a bit of a pickle. I consider myself to be a power Webflow/F’insweet user but this one has really stumped me. Basically, I’m trying to recreate this type of event organization seen on the “All Events” tab.

A Collection for Tournament Types(ICHSA, ICCA etc), with a sub collection of Regions (North, South, Asia, etc,) that then has a sub collection of individual Events.

It boils down to a total of 3 CMS Collections, each nested inside of each other like a pyramid. I’ve accomplished the Main Collection 1 + Nested Collection 2 + Nested Collection 3 portion, but Filtering a Collection + Nested + Nested stack is just not working for me.

I need to be able to filter the Events (Collection 03) by the Tournament Type (Collection 01) and also by the Region Type (Collection 02). The filter for Tournament Type is working, but Region Type is not working at all. I’ve spent the last 2 days on this and have tried all different sorts of CMS structures, followed by different F’insweet attributes and it’s been a brickwall. Any help?

Here is the frontend: Schedule & Tickets | Varsity Vocals
Read Only: Webflow - Varsity Vocals V1

Hey @hello20!

This might be because all your items have all the regions nested within them, so the region filter returns all items in the list.

A workaround would be to have another set of filters that filters the nested list, this would be an instance of its own and the filter selection can be mirrored to a hidden form.

I hope I explained it correctly, I have not tested this yet but you can give it a go. Send me a dm if you’d like to schedule a call so I can go through the setup with you.

Ha! I wish you could have seen my face at 12AM last night when I came to the same conclusion after bonking my head against the wall. So obvious that’s what was happening but I couldn’t see it at the time!

I came to a similar conclusion in terms of a solution — I need to have a separate filter instance for the nested collection items. However, when I set a separate filter “list-2” for the nested collection to be nested inside of the first “list”, the Finsweet plugin throws an error because there are now duplicate “list-2” attributes, since the nested collections are being repeated multiple times on the page. D’oh!

My initial thought was to write up some JS code to give every list-2 attribute a unique number at the end, but then that would require a ton of hidden duplicate filter form fields that would need to be generated as well, and then mirrored to the one main form field. Sounds so incredibly cumbersome and overkill. Do you have any thoughts on how to get around that duplicate issue?

Ha! I wish you could have seen my face at 12AM last night when I came to the same conclusion after bonking my head against the wall.

We’ve all been there haha!

Do you have any thoughts on how to get around that duplicate issue?

I’m afraid there is no simple solution for this, filtering nested lists is not something we can do natively with Attributes at this moment.

Some custom JS could solve this, maybe ask ChatGPT on a good starting point and we can work from there with the Attributes API